Brad R. Postle
- Professor, Department of Psychology
- (608) 262-4330
Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Our interests in human memory and cognition encompass the cognitive and neural bases of working memory, attention, control, intelligence, and nondeclarative memory. The methods that we use include behavioral studies, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), simultaneous rTMS and EEG, and simultaneous TMS and fMRI.
- Kundu B, Sutterer DW, Emrich SM, Postle BR. 2013. Strengthened effective connectivity underlies transfer of working memory training to tests of short-term memory and attention. J. Neurosci. 33(20):8705-15.
- Emrich SM, Riggall AC, Larocque JJ, Postle BR. 2013. Distributed patterns of activity in sensory cortex reflect the precision of multiple items maintained in visual short-term memory. J. Neurosci. 33(15):6516-23.
LaRocque JJ, Lewis-Peacock JA, Drysdale AT, Oberauer K, Postle BR. 2013. Decoding attended information in short-term memory: an EEG study. J. Cogn. Neurosci. 25(1):127-42.
Guller Y, Tononi G, Postle BR. 2012. Conserved functional connectivity but impaired effective connectivity of thalamocortical circuitry in schizophrenia. Brain Connect. 2(6):311-9.
Riggall AC, Postle BR. 2012. The relationship between working memory storage and elevated activity as measured with functional magnetic resonance imaging. J. Neurosci. 32(38):12990-8.
Ferrarelli F, Sarasso S, Guller Y, Riedner BA, Peterson MJ, Bellesi M, Massimini M, Postle BR, Tononi G. 2012. Reduced natural oscillatory frequency of frontal thalamocortical circuits in schizophrenia. Arch. Gen. Psychiatry. 69(8):766-74.
Guller Y, Ferrarelli F, Shackman AJ, Sarasso S, Peterson MJ, Langheim FJ, Meyerand ME, Tononi G, Postle BR. 2012. Probing thalamic integrity in schizophrenia using concurrent transcranial magnetic stimulation and functional magnetic resonance imaging. Arch. Gen. Psychiatry. 69(7):662-71.
Johnson JS, Kundu B, Casali AG, Postle BR. 2012. Task-dependent changes in cortical excitability and effective connectivity: a combined TMS-EEG study. J. Neurophysiol. 107(9):2383-92.
- Lewis-Peacock JA, Postle BR. 2012. Decoding the internal focus of attention. Neuropsychologia. 50(4):470-8.
- Tsujimoto S, Postle BR. 2012. The prefrontal cortex and oculomotor delayed response: a reconsideration of the "mnemonic scotoma". J. Cogn. Neurosci. 24(3):627-35.
- Lewis-Peacock JA, Drysdale AT, Oberauer K, Postle BR. 2012. Neural evidence for a distinction between short-term memory and the focus of attention. J. Cogn. Neurosci. 24(1):61-79.